Groovy Jeans Cake
Prep Time: 35 Mins
Yields: 1 cake - 12 servings
Ingredients:1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® Cake Mix (any flavor)
Water, oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
Tray or cardboard, 15 x 12 inches, covered
1 1/2 cups Betty Crocker® Rich & Creamy® Vanilla Frosting (from two 1-lb containers)
Betty Crocker® Blue Gel Food Color
1 roll Betty Crocker® Fruit by the Foot® Berry Tie-Dye® Chewy Fruit Snack (from 4.5-oz box)
Betty Crocker® Assorted Decorating Decors
Licorice pieces and candy-coated almonds
Instructions: 1. Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with shortening (do not use cooking spray); lightly flour. Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil and eggs. Pour into pan.
2. Bake as directed on box. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Use toothpicks to mark sections of cake to be cut (see diagram). Use serrated knife to cut cake into sections.
4. On tray, place largest piece. Place 1 1/2-inch strip of cake along top edge of jeans; cut off excess. Place triangles along outer edges of legs. Cover; freeze 1 hour or until firm.
5. Tint frosting with blue food color. Remove cake from freezer; frost sides and top of cake. Use fork or decorating comb to create fabric texture.
6. To decorate cake, cut fruit snack into 8-inch length and 6-inch length. Place fruit snack on top edge of cake, overlapping in center, for belt. Decorate as desired with decors. Store loosely covered at room temperature.