Banana Crunch Moon Cake
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Yields: 12 servings
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
1 cup flour
1/4 cup Betty Crocker® Parlor Perfect Praline Crunch
1 cup Marble Mix'ins® Crunch variety, divided
1 pkg. (2 layer) yellow cake mix
3 large eggs
1 ripe mashed banana
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 cup Betty Crocker® Parlor Perfect Chocolate Sprinkles
Betty Crocker® Cupcake Icing - Optional
Betty Crocker® Brownie Toppers® - Chocolate or Marshmallow variety
1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
Instructions: 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Lightly grease a 9" springform with butter or shortening. Flour the pan. Optionally, spray the pan with baking spray with flour.
3. Stir all ingredients for the streusel together, minus 1/2 cup Marble Mix'in®s Crunch, in a medium bowl until well blended. Reserve the remaining 1/2 cup for after baking. Knead gently with your hands to encourage clusters to form. Set aside while you make the cake.
4. Mix together all ingredients for the cake in standing mixer, or in a large bowl with a hand mixer, and beat for 2 minutes on medium speed. Pour into the springform pan and sprinkle the top with streusel, staring with the outer edge of the pan first.
5. Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool the cake on a wire rack.
6. When ready to serve, dust the surface of the cake with confectioner's sugar. Squeeze some Betty Crocker Cupcake Icing in small areas on the cake and sprinkle them with the remaining Marble Mix'in®s Crunch. Drizzle Betty Crocker Brownie Drizzle to create craters if desired. Add a flag and astronaut or space ship for a fun effect.