Raspberry Linzer Cookie
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Yields: 20 Cookies
Ingredients:3 cups flour
½ cup ground almonds
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
1 12 oz jar HERO Raspberry Preserves
Powedered sugar for dusting
Instructions: 1. Mix flour, ground almonds, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
2. Cream sugar with butter until lightened and pasty. Beat eggs and vanilla into butter until combined. 3. Add dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap or bag and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
6. Roll dough out to ¼ inch thickness and cut out cookies using a 2-3 inch circle. Use a small star cutter to cut stars out of half of the circles.
7. Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
8. Cool cookies completely and fill with about 1 tablespoon of preserves. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.