Pumpkin Pie Empanadas
Prep Time: 1.3 Hours
Yields: 12 - 4 inch pies
Ingredients:1 box refrigerated pie crust
1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
1 12-oz can evaporated milk
3/4 Cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
2 large eggs
1 pouch Betty Crocker® Cinnamon Supreme Muffin Glaze
Betty Crocker® Orange Sugar Crystals
Instructions: 1. Mix sugar, cinnamon, salt, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture into eggs. Slowly stir in evaporated milk.
2. Pour pie filling into a medium pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture has thickened into a pudding like consistency.
3. Chill cooked filling in refrigerator until it has reached room temperature.
4. While filling is cooling, prepare pie crusts. Roll out first pie sheet, and use cookie cutter or glass to cut out 4 inch circles.*
5. When filling has cooled, spoon about 2 Tbsp into each pastry circle, leaving enough room to seal pastry together. Either fold over pastry or place another circle of same size on top and seal with finger tips. Use a fork to press design around circumference of pie.
6. Bake at 350°F until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
7. Cool completely on wire rack.
8. When pies have cooled, drizzle with Cinnamon Muffin Glaze and sprinkle with Betty Crocker Sugar Decors.
*You can use decorative cookie cutter shapes such as pumpkins or turkeys as well.