Prep Time: 1.2 Hours
Yields: 2 1/2 dozen Cookies
Ingredients:1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® Sugar Cookie Mix
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 pouch (7 oz) Betty Crocker® Cookie Icing (any flavor)
Instructions: 1. Heat oven to 375°F.
2. In large bowl, mix cookie mix and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Stir in butter and egg until soft dough forms.
3. On piece of waxed paper, shape 1 tablespoon cinnamon into a line about 5 inches long. Using floured fingers, shape 1 tablespoon of dough into a rope 5 inches long. Press one side of dough rope into cinnamon. Coil dough rope tightly, cinnamon side facing center, into cinnamon-roll shape. Press end of rope into roll to seal.
4. Repeat with remaining dough. Place cookies 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
5. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
6. Squeeze cookie icing onto cookies in desired patterns. Let stand until set.
Perfect for: After School, Brunch, Apple Cinnamon Table